Every year, for the past twenty years we have tried to help our student set the tone of the New Year with various ways to help reach their physical Taekwondo goals, while also helping reach their personal goals outside of the Taekwondo School. This year we have found that the "Five "C's" are a great way to help us reach new heights in 2022. In addition we will be giving our student Taekwondo goal sheets that they can display at home and in the Taekwondo School.
5 Steps to Achievement
1. Clarity - Get clear on exactly what you want
2. Commitment - Get emotionally invested - Why do I want it?
3. Coaches - Find a mentor, Taekwondo teacher, or an accountability partner to help you.
4. Calendar - Schedule time for the activities that move you forward and prioritize them in your day.
5. Counterattacks - Determine in advance how you will overcome the obstacles, setbacks, and negative emotions that will inevitably arise on the journey.
Here's to 2022 and a great start!
NERF Battle Friday, January 14, 2022
Pictured above - NERF Battle 2020
We are excited to share a fun evening where our students, family and friends are invited to enjoy a night of NERF Battles. All participants will need to bring their own NERF gear including safety goggles and darts. As always if you arrive with twenty darts you should leave with twenty darts.
DJ Chris will be here playing music and we will have all the lasers and lights on in full display. $25 per person or $40 for two family members. We will be serving pizza and drink boxes. As always mask are required in the Taekwondo School. Please register at the front desk.
Monday, January 17, 2022
We will be closed in Observance of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
UPDATED - Winter Safety and Policies
the holidays there has been an uptick in Covid cases. We will be
focusing on our forms and kicking techniques. We have decided to forgo
sparring until the Covid numbers become more manageable.
Taekwondo will continue to follow the CDC and Saratoga County's
guidelines for Covid-19, while at the same time reminding all our
students and families that we will still be using hand sanitizer, foot
sanitizer, masks and social distancing when possible while in the
Taekwondo School. In addition, although it may be cold we will have the
lobby doors open for a few moments each day to allow fresh air in the
always our school is cleaned with N products often and daily. We are
also following guidelines for students and family members who have had
Covid or has had a Covid exposure in school or elsewhere. Families are asked to stay home for five days while under quarantine or if you are coughing excessively.
Color Belt Testing January 26 & 27, 2022
Congratulations! Some of our students will be testing this January. All students who are testing can be found on our testing roster in the parents lobby. All testing students need to downlaod their test applications from the top right of this eNewsletter and return them to the Taekwondo School by Monday, January 24, 2022.
Color Belt Testing Times & Dates
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
- All children Mixed Class: 3:45pm
- Testing Students: White - High Blue including Grasshoppers 5:30pm
- Teen & Adult Mixed Class: 6:45-7:30pm
Thursday, January 27, 2022
- All children mixed class: 3:45pm
- Testing Students: Purple - High Brown 5:30pm
- Pad kicking class all ranks: 6:45-7:30pm
Friday, January 28, 2022
- Grasshoppers 3:30pm
- Children Mixed 4:00pm
- Color Belt Graduation 5:30pm
Adirondack Taekwondo College Scholarship Fund